Dear Media Friends and Partners,
The Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, Delta State, will host the Asaba 2018 African Senior Athletics Championships from August 1-5.
The Media and Publicity Sub-Committee of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of the Asaba 2018 African Senior Athletics Championships is launching the media accreditation procedure for written press, photojournalists and other non-right holder members of the press intending to cover the championships.
Media representatives will be able to apply for accreditation via the Asaba 2018 website www.caaasaba2018.com from Tuesday April 3, 2018.
We kindly advise that you fill out one registration form for each member of your team; group or team application will not be accepted.
The deadline for applications for media accreditation, media car park sticker and media hotel accommodation is June 30, 2018.
International media news agencies in Nigeria (CNN, BBC, Aljazeera, AFP, AP, Reuters, and others) will be contacted by the Media and Publicity Sub-Committee of the Local Organizing Committee in due course.
Please be informed that accreditation is not automatic, not all applications will be granted.
The Media and Publicity Sub-Committee has set criteria for applicants.
Pedigree in the coverage of athletics is one of them.
The quota for photographers is limited; photojournalists from national and international media houses and agencies will be given preference.
Please be aware that the Asaba 2018 LOC Security Sub-Committee has decided that a background check is mandatory for each person applying for media accreditation.
The security clearance is a prerequisite for the approval of accreditation request by the Chairman of the LOC after successful screening of applicant by the Security Sub-Committee.
Approved accreditation applications will be activated at the Main Accreditation Centre against a valid identity proof.
Opening dates and times will be communicated soon.
- Non Rights Holders will only be allowed to bring cameras and/or recording equipment onto the event site for the purpose of carrying out non live reports.
- There will be no access with this camera to the stands or any location with view to the live action.
- No live commentary or reporting
- No access to stadium TV dedicated areas (commentary positions, unilateral TV mixed zone, TV common mixed zone) without approval from Media and Publicity Sub-Committee Chairman
- Access to the written press part of the mixed zone with cameras/video-recording equipment will need the approval of the Media and Publicity Sub-Committee Chairman
- Access to official press conferences with cameras/video-recording equipment only if approved by the Media Sub-Committee of the LOC
- Access to non-tabled seating in the media tribune subject to availability
- Access to the media center for written press will be on first come basis
- No private offices or studios
- No access to warm-up/training areas with cameras/video-recording equipment unless approved by the Media and Publicity Sub-Committee Chairman
- Photojournalists must apply for locker
- All Non Rights Holders will be required to sign an undertaking before being granted accreditation.
- Breach of any of the Conditions of Access will result in being expelled from the Stadium and their accreditation being revoked.
- Accommodation: Deadline for booking accommodation in the official media hotels is June 30 2018.
- Visa requirements: For Media Friends outside Nigeria, your accreditation will serve as your visa.
Visit http://caaasaba2018.com.ng/media-accreditation/ to fill form online.
Olukayode Abimbola Thomas,
Chairman Media and Publicity Sub-Committee,
Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba, Delta State.